Wednesday, December 04, 2019

About Being Famous - An Editorial on Yesterday's Reputation Attack




SOME THOUGHTS ON THE REPUTATION HACK MADE BY A D.J. YESTERDAY

- and thanks to my friends who a)alerted me b)know the truth. Love that line in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - "I'll stop telling the truth about you if you stop telling lies about me" and it is so true, isn't it? I'm happy in my life - those people are not, it's kinda the way it is. Moving right along...
On being (quote, unquote) Famous - so I called the Tree Warden about 3 years back because some dudes were running around cutting trees in Medford ...that they weren't supposed to be cutting down. First thing Aggie, the tree warden, says to me is "You're famous."

A neighbor had said that to me about a year or so earlier

"You're famous." and then she added "I don't want to be famous."



Gilbert Gottfried explained on Visual Radio during our interview what he believed fame to be, and that there are levels of fame. I go into a grocery store, a woman asks "Are you Joe Viglione" so my reply, paraphrasing Andy Pratt's bold declaration "Yes, I'm famous." She goes "You are." Look where fame got John Lennon. I was producing the band The Runes on Dec 8, 1980 when word came in to the Watertown studio that Lennon had been shot. One of the two songs we were recording "Do or Die." Now I've been in the studio 43 years, I can't remember names of songs - or dates - without looking at the tape boxes, yet the passing of one of my favorite artists - the murder of that artist - freezes that moment in time. The Flamin' Groovies have a song "You Tore Me Down" and the list of individuals, about 195 or so of them, going on the attack, the smear campaign, it was beyond vulgar. Threats of physical violence because I was the kind-hearted guy to take two cats in by a woman who left them in a groomers for two months. I paid for the food, the grooming, the medical bills, and you've probably heard this before, but the hate fest on her Facebook page yesterday was chilling. A T.K. who ripped me off chimed in and lied, a studio owner who stole money from me chimed in and lied, the people who cheat you and defame you all get attracted like rusty metal to a magnet. If you have noticed I didn't jump in yesterday, I contacted management and the corporate lawyer and showed the threat of physical harm and there you have it. Remember when a now defunct radio station (with a movie playing somewhere tonight, go figure) used to demand 25 copies of your record or you wouldn't get airplay? The crazed program director, a legend in his own mind, extorting people and threatening people. Ho hum, what a jerk. Well one of his protege types decided to lie about me yesterday. She praises two criminals on her Facebook page and the guy taking care of cats she assassinates. You see the logic at play here. Look at my posts and see how lighthearted they are (except for anti-Trump posts, for obvious reasons!!!! HA) ...well, I could go on and on. Many of you don't know the righteous political victories we've achieved on behalf of senior citizens and people in a couple of cities outside of Boston. That's because I keep them off this Facebook page. If an 11 pm to 1 am on-air personality has to resort to lying about people, making up false information, committing libel, and allowing threats of bodily harm to post on her Facebook page, shame on her. There are tons of recording artists who tune in, wait for airplay, but she's droning on and on with her flavor of the week, all about her ego, not helping the local community. Which is her prerogative, but how does that REALLY build a community? It doesn't. It's all about her, not about you. Meanwhile, for the past 5 days I've been working on a nightclub's Twitter - I don't get paid to do their Twitter, they hire me to do the calendar. Out of the kindness of my heart - and for the sake of the scene - I'm building up the Twitter. To see the abuse from people who believe they are "in" the music community spewing hate and stupidity, well, it's really telling. Here I am volunteering time to help the shows the club has and there they are on the attack, which is a waste of time and certainly a karma issue.

So while they are attacking me some kind-hearted soul comes by when I'm clearing the snow and he runs his snow blower over my sidewalk twice and my neighbor's!

I thanked him profusely, a ton of snow this elder person did not have to shovel. An angel swooping in...good karma.

And that's what good karma is all about.

You don't look for it, it arrives while you are doing a good deed. So do good deeds, pray for those who go on the attack.

The DJ was incensed about my faxes about an unethical program director. Well, it was the right thing to do, it helped the community, the individual was a scoundrel. And that DJ seems to like scoundrels.

Maybe she can relate to them, who knows? Not judging as much as making an observation. She always seemed to have low-self image and have questionable choices, but I never brought that up, a lot of allegedly damaged people in the music scene are depressed people. Sad that they have to try to "tear" someone down (Flamin' Groovies song!) to lift themselves up. But that's THEIR karma.

All I know is I volunteered to help the local community by promoting shows on Twitter and some dude comes by and clears the snow in a very cold environment which was dangerous to a senior person. God bless! There are angels out there, and you know what, Carmelita, Angels are lots more fun to be around. You're in my prayers but I choose NOT to have you and people like you in my life.

No comments: